Ashland High School is proud to affirm and support our LGBTQ2SIA+ community because EVERY STUDENT BELONGS. We affirm the identity of each student and we acknowledge and honor our differences because together we create a sense of belonging for all.
Transgender youth are an integral part of Oregon schools, making up 8 percent of the students we serve. In our continued action to make our schools safer & inclusive, Ashland High School is committed to implementing recommendations within the LGBTQ2SIA+ Student Success Plan! We will continue to identify & counteract biased practices that perpetuate achievement disparities & lead to disproportionate levels of student success.
Find support, learn together, and be loved as we learn more about transgender advocacy!
Learn & Support:
– Join & follow Ashland High School’s Queer Straight Alliance (@ahs_queerstraightalliance), they meet on Monday’s during lunch.
– Check out what we learned from the Rogue Action Center’s (@RogueActionCenter) LGBTQ+ Listening Project and community survey www.tinyurl.com/racLGBTQsurveydata-pub
– Learn more about Transgender Awareness Week from @GLAAD www.glaad.org/transgender/allies
– Support the @TrevorProject www.thetrevorproject.org/
– Find more resources about the transgender and non-binary experience from the Trans Action Kit created by @GLSEN www.glsen.org/activity/trans-action-kit
“Ashland School District Equity Policy JBB” Ashland School District, 10 June 2019, https://policy.osba.org/ashland/J/JBB%20D1.PDF
“ODE LGBTQ2SIA+ Student Success Newsletter” ODE Sexuality Education Newsletter, 2 Nov. 2022, https://content.govdelivery.com/…/ORED/bulletins/335c553
“Trans Awareness Week” GLAAD, https://www.glaad.org/transweek Accessed 20 Nov. 2022.
“Rogue Action Center LGBTQ+ Community Survey: Some things we learned.” Rogue Action Center, 15 Jan. 2021, www.tinyurl.com/racLGBTQsurveydata-pub
“A Guide to Being an Ally to Transgender and Nonbinary Youth” The Trevor Project, https://www.thetrevorproject.org/…/a-guide-to-being-an…/ Accessed 20 Nov. 2022
“Gender-affirming Care: What It Is and Why It’s Necessary” Learning for Justice, 3 Oct. 2022, https://www.learningforjustice.org/…/genderaffirming…